Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve got questions, you’ve come to the right spot. We’ve compiled answers to the questions most frequently asked by parents of students at Country Place Elementary. For more details, we encourage you to read our student handbook, which you can find in the quick links on the Home page. Or give us a call with any further questions you might have.
What is the dress code for Country Place Elementary?
In order to ensure that we treat all students fairly and with respect, we require uniforms for all students that consist of:
- Solid dark green/ash gray/burgundy/navy blue shirt with lay-down collar (polos, blouses, button-up dress shirt)
- Sweaters and sweatshirts should be the same as uniform top/shirt colors, plus white or black. Only solid colors/no logos, no wearing of hoods inside.
- Solid navy/khaki shorts or slacks; no blue jeans, sweatpants, or stretchy materials (Girls may also wear skirts or jumpers.)
- No labels, tags, or logos may be showing.
- No hats in the building.
- Closed-toed shoes.
What happens if my child gets sick during a school day?
There will always be a nurse or a trained health aide available for students at Country Place. If your child becomes ill during the day, he or she should report to the school office. The health office staff will notify parents of students who become ill at school to pick up their children as soon as possible. We do not allow students to leave the campus without school permission, so we ask that you make arrangements to pick up your ill or injured child as promptly as possible.
How much homework is required for Country Place students?
We believe homework can be a valuable learning activity that can help your child reinforce skills, develop self-discipline and responsibility, and learn how to use time wisely. It is also a great opportunity for parents to become involved in and aware of what their children are learning.
So that students are not overburdened with excessive amounts of homework, we suggest the following guidelines:
- K–3: Twenty minutes, four (4) days a week
- 4–6: Forty-five minutes, four (4) days a week
- 7–8: Sixty minutes, four (4) days a week
What do I need to do to register my child at Country Place?
We love new students at Country Place, and we look forward to meeting your child. To register, please visit our Family Welcome Center located at 1252 S. Avondale Blvd., Avondale, AZ 85353, and bring the following for your child:
- Current immunization record
- Birth certificate
- Proof of residency
- Withdrawal slip and last report card from last school (if applicable)
- Notarized proof of guardianship (if applicable)
- Emergency medical referral sheet
Is it okay to bring treats to my child’s class on special occasions?
Our policy at Country Place is that any food brought into the classroom for snacks and parties must come from a commercial source and cannot be homemade. All items should be individually wrapped, but items such as cookies or cupcakes from a bakery can be served by an adult wearing disposable gloves. We ask that you contact your student’s teacher before the occasion to schedule arrangements.
Can I volunteer in my child’s classroom?
Yes! We love volunteers at Country Place! Just come into the school office to pick up a volunteer packet, and we’ll give you more information on ways you can participate.
What is the daily schedule for Country Place Leadership Academy?
- Regular day from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Early Release from 7:30 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.
- Office hours
- 6:50 a.m.–2:50 p.m. (regular day)
- 6:50 a.m.–12:30 p.m. (early release)
What should I do if my child is absent?
If your child will be absent from school, please call the attendance line at 623-478-6101. You can leave a message on the attendance line at anytime.